Leakage from seal faces is directed to a liquid collection system. A vessel with a high level alarm is provided for detection of excess leakage.
1. Normally used with single seals where the leakage is expected to be mostly liquid.
2. Piping is connected to the drain connection of the gland plate.
3. Excessive flowrates are restricted by the orifice downstream of the vessel.
4. The Level switch alarms in the event of a seal failure.
1. In services where seal leakage is condensing.
2. Used for single seals.
1. Vent connection should always be plugged.
2. Orifice downstream of the level switch should be located in vertical piping leg to avoid accumulation of fluid in drain piping.
3. Shut down the pump as soon as high-level alarm is activated and attend the seal.