Product recirculation from pump discharge through a Y strainer, a flow control orifice and a heat exchanger to seal chamber.
- Improves pressure margin over vapour pressure.
- Improves temperature margin to meet secondary sealing element limits, to reduce coking or polymerizing and to improve lubricity.
- Self venting plan.
- Provides sufficient pressure difference to allow proper flow rate.
- For high temperature applications with slightly dirty liquid.
- Always ensure that the orifice is placed after the Y strainer.
- Always ensure that cooler is placed after the orifice.
- Check pressure difference between discharge and seal chamber.
- Cooler duty is leading to fouling on waterside.
- This plan is normally discouraged due to non-reliability of Y strainer.