Unpressurised external barrier fluid circulation from a central source.
- Ensures higher flow rate, better heat dissipation and positive circulation of buffer fluid.
- Buffer fluid maintained less than seal chamber pressure and less than 2.8 bar.
- Increases cooler efficiency due to higher flow rate to the heat exchanger
- Process fluid does not leak directly to atmosphere.
- For media where product dilution is not allowed but leakage to atmosphere diluted form may be allowed.
- Preferred for clean, non-polymerizing with high vapour pressure.
- May also be used for non-flashing products.
- For media with high temperature and/or high heat generation between faces.
- Carefully consider reliability of buffer fluid source.
- Should not be used for dirty or polymerizing products.
- Ensure product is compatible with buffer media.