Leakage from seal faces is directed to a liquid collection system. A vessel with a high level alarm is provided for detection of cumulative leakage.
- Normally used with single seals where the leakage is expected to be mostly liquid.
- Piping is connected to the drain connection of the gland plate.
- Leakage is collected in the vessel until the high level alarm is reached.
- The level switch alarms in the event of a seal failure.
- In services where seal leakage is condensing.
- Used for single seals.
- Vent connection should always be plugged.
- Overflow line should bypass system drain valve.
- Shut down the pump as soon as high-level alarm is activated and attend the seal.
- The valve between seal and system must remain open during pump operation.