Buffer gas is passed through the containment seal chamber to sweep inner seal leakage away from outer seal to a collection system and / or dilute the leakage.
1. Used in conjunction with API Plan 75 and/or 76.
2. Nitrogen provides cooling to seal faces.
3. Nitrogen blanket reduces the explosion hazard in high vapour pressure liquids.
4. This plan is used in conjunction with Plan 75 and 76.
1. For flashing hydrocarbons.
1. Always ensure that buffer gas pressure is less than seal chamber pressure.
2. Set the forward Pressure control valve at minimum 0.4 bar above flare back pressure.