External reservoir providing a dead-ended blanket for fluid to the quench connection of the gland.
1. No direct process leakage to atmosphere.
2. No need to maintain pressure system as in Plan 53A.
1. Preferred for clean, non-polymerizing media with vapour pressure higher than buffer fluid pressure.
1. Keep pot vent continuously open, which is necessary to maintain buffer fluid pressure close to atmospheric pressure and vent the vapors to flare.
2. Should not be used with dirty or polymerizing products.
3. Never run the system with level in the sealant vessel at low level as marked on the level gauge.
4. Vent the system properly before start up.