Protection Against Burns From Hot Systems
Industrial applications are hazardous places for personnel to work especially when hot oil seal support vessels are in use. Health and Safety Regulations stipulate that protective clothing and guarding should be provided where objects with surface temperatures greater than 50°C (122°F) are present.
The AESSEAL® Heat Guard is ideal where SP range (eg. SSE12) and AES-15 vessels are in use at temperatures greater than the health and safety limit. Fitted to the vessel the Heat Guard remains 40°C (104°F) cooler than the vessel body and so ensuring that site personnel cannot injure themselves by accidentally touching the dangerously hot vessel body.
The retrofitable design allows it to be installed onto vessels currently in operation once they have cooled to a temperature that is safe to touch.
With a vessel temperature at 72°C (161°F) the Heat Guard maintains a 32°C (90°F) temperature, when the ambient temperature is at 20°C (68°F) and it is not in direct sunlight, ensuring that if it is accidentally touched it does not cause injury
• Stays 40°C (104°F) cooler than the vessel temperature
• Perforated to allow system to dissipate heat
• Retrofitable design
• Protects employees from burns when the vessel is touched
• Will not affect the system and mechanical seal performance
• Allows it to be installed onto vessels currently in operation